The History of STANLEY Engineered Fastening in Europe
- 1888 George Tucker founds a small business in Birmingham, UK manufacturing eyelets for leather boots.
- 1900 George Tucker Eyelet Company becomes part of United Shoe Machinery Company (USM), USA.
- 1940's The first POP® "blind" rivet is developed by George Tucker Eyelet Company in response to a request from the aircraft industry.
- 1950's Growth opportunities are identified for POP® rivets in industrial markets and in the EEC. Tucker GmbH is founded in Giessen, Germany.
- 1970's Tucker GmbH begins manufacturing and supplying Stud Welding equipment, studs and plastic parts to the Automotive industry. USM open new fastener facilities in Spain, France and the Nordic Countries.
- 1980's Emhart Teknologies is founded from the merger of USM and Hartford Empire. Black & Decker Corporation acquire Emhart Teknologies.
- 1990's Tucker Fasteners Ltd in Birmingham completes the refurbishment of the POP® rivet factory. Tucker GmbH in Giessen open a new state-of-the art plastics factory.
- 2000's Tucker Fasteners Ltd celebrates its centenary and Tucker GmbH celebrates its 50 year anniversary.
- 2013 Emhart Teknologies acquires Infastech. Both parts form now STANLEY Engineered Fastening, which is a proud member of STANLEYBlack&Decker Corporation.